- Analysis of the existing legislation and regulations related to judges’ performance evaluation in Georgia, including case-weighting system as an element of
performance evaluation and of recent studies with a view to preliminary identify possible shortcomings.
- Prepare power point presentation for the workshop titled Adequate Judicial Performance Evaluation as an Essential Component for Building Trust and
Confidence in the Judiciary: November 2017
- Prepare recommendations for reform to the law on performance evaluation of judges
- Reviewing legislation on the evaluation of judges in Ukraine
- Present findings for a conference titled “Strengthening the system of judicial accountability in Ukraine,” in Kyiv, Ukraine 17 September 2015.
- Reviewing legislation on the evaluation of judges in Ukraine: September 2016
3. Council of Europe, Directorate General of Human Rights and Rule of Law, Justice Capacity Building Co-operation Unit
- Developing the capacity of the High School of Justice of Georgia (HSoJ)
- The purpose of this project is to develop a new curricula on modern court management techniques and tools; strengthen the skills of the in-house trainers of the HSoJ to use the new training methodology and materials; and the acquisition of new skills by court managers to better manage their courts and use modern court management tools facilitating their work as court managers, and to improve the management of their courts and indirectly the overall court management system in Georgia
- Deliverables: Curriculum, material, training of trainers, and pilot workshop
- September- November 2014
- Evaluation Report for the Judicial Evaluation System in Moldova.
- The purpose of this project is to assist the OSCE in assessing the Judicial Evaluation System and its framework legislation and how it has worked in practice to date.
- Interviews conducted with judges, evaluation board and Superior Council for the Magistracy 7-11 April 2014.
- Final report published July 2014.
5. Council of Europe, European Commission for the Efficiency of Justice (CEPEJ), Working group on Quality of Justice, “Expertise On The Role Of Experts In Judicial Systems Of The Council of Europe Member States.”
- Delivery of Conceptual Paper and draft questionnaire for meeting 19-20 September 2013, Strasbourg.
- Delivery of draft report 3 April 2014 Strasbourg.
- Final report is delivered September 2014.
6. OSCE/ODIHR: Presentation of Comparative Performance Evaluation Systems of Judges Organised by OSCE and Council of Europe:
- Roundtable on Implementation of the 2012-2016 Strategic Programme for Legal and Judicial Reforms in the Republic of Armenia, Yerevan, 11-12 April 2013